The Company’s mission
JSC Techsnabexport operates in the interests of the Russian nuclear industry while using its export potential and competitive advantages in the best possible way to maximise long-term economic effects in strict compliance with legislative requirements, quality standards, safety, and social responsibility.
The Company’s public position that was already formulated by the time of the Public Annual Report for 2013 has not changed. A brief description of publicly significant aspects of the Company’s activities, as viewed by JSC Techsnabexport top management and key stakeholders, is outlined below.
Secure deliveries of NFC products
Timely and full-measure deliveries of the Russian NFC products to foreign customers have always been and remain a priority objective of JSC Techsnabexport. For over 40 years of JSC Techsnabexport’s presence in the global uranium market, the Company has not had a single case of failure in fulfilling the obligations it undertook.
This is supported not only by the high professionalism of the Company’s staff, for which recruitment is traditionally given the utmost attention (Subsection 5.3.5.), and the well-established business processes and interactions with the sectoral producers of the Company’s export items, which have been proven over the decades, but also by consistent work dedicated to identifying new tools and enhancing existing ones that ensure the security of supplies, including the:
- development of the risk management system and compliance function (Section 4.3.);
- introduction of international standards of management (Sections 1.2. and 4.4.);
- enhancement of the sales infrastructure and development of new marketing tools (Subsection 1.6.3. and Section 3.2.);
- development of the transportation and logistics infrastructure, along with a fleet using the Company’s own equipment for product shipment (Section 4.2.); and
- the implementation of the institutional export control programme (Subsection 4.2.3.).
Responsibility for the safe transportation of NFC products
JSC Techsnabexport carries out nuclear and radiation safety activities under a Rostechnadzor’s licence for handling nuclear material in transit and in accordance with the Company’s environmental policy (Subsections 5.2.1. and 5.2.2.).
To improve the safety of NFC product transportation, in 2012, for the first time in Russia’s nuclear industry, JSC Techsnabexport introduced the uniform supply chain security management system as per the International Standard ISO 28000:2007, “Supply Chain Security Management Systems”.
In terms of this activity, the Company continuously monitors the:
- validity and applicability of the content of certificatepermissions for transportation packages (TUKs) used for product deliveries;
- compliance of nuclear material shipment conditions with international and national standards and regulations, as well as the availability of Rostechnadzor’s licences for relevant activities to the entities that directly handle nuclear materials;
- availability of plans for the elimination of consequences of potential shipment accidents to suppliers/consignees of nuclear material;
- observance of timelines of temporary importation/exportation of TUKs (30B containers and/or protective shrouds); and
- the guarantee of timely maintenance of its own fleet of transportation equipment.
To improve the safety of NFC product transportation, in 2012, for the first time in Russia’s nuclear industry, JSC Techsnabexport introduced the uniform supply chain security management system as per the International Standard ISO 28000:2007, “Supply Chain Security Management Systems” (for details see Subsection 4.4.3.).
Responsibility for conformance of the product delivery process to international standards and requirements
The production and delivery of NFC products should meet a broad range of requirements set forth for this activity by the international community.
On the one hand, JSC Techsnabexport meets all of these requirements in its activities; on the other hand, it translates these requirements to and ensures their observance by Russian NFC producers and operators.
Along with the strict observance of the export control legislation requirements (Subsection 4.2.3.), JSC Techsnabexport improves corporate management systems, arranges for respective audits, and monitors the compliance of the product and production process quality with international standards DIN EN ISO 9001:2008; DIN EN ISO 14001:2009, and ISO 28000:2007 (Section 4.4.).
Responsibility for staff training and advancement
JSC Techsnabexport considers the development of key competencies and maintaining the professional advancement of personnel to be one of the most essential aspects of corporate responsibility.
The Company has introduced competency charts for each position and cooperates with nuclear-related educational establishments, the students of whom are recruited to vacancies on a competitive basis in order to provide broad opportunities for the education, development, and professional advancement of its employees (for details see Section 5.3.).